For questions pertaining to cutting tree trunks into rough-cut lumber, e.g. using a sawmill or hewing axe. Not to be used for 3D carving with a milling machine, which should instead be tagged [cnc].

Milling is the process of cutting tree trunks, or parts of tree trunks, into rough-cut lumber. Generally this is done using a sawmill, but can also be accomplished with hand tools.

Milling in the machining sense of the word should be used with the tag . For further information, see this discussion on the meta site.