That is called a Tnut. Tnut search. It is similar to a threaded insert but it is pressed into the wood and has little points that grab the wood and keeps it from rotating when you thread a bolt into it. A threaded insert as threads on the outside and is threaded into the wood like a screw.


This is a "stop hinge" or a "box hinge with stop". There are ones that have built-in soft close and/or lift function that mount on the inside of the box. Good if you want to replace those external surface mount ones with something a little nicer.

Only top voted, non community-wiki answers of a minimum length are eligible