I have a single step that is approx 200mm high and I would like to build a small wooden ramp to take a robot vacuum up and down so it can reach my whole house. I have basically no woodworking experience and I have some (probably bad) ideas of how to hack something together. I'm looking for a design to be provided or failing that some direction for how I should plan the design myself.
- Ramp to not be physically attached (easily removed and replaced)
- Ramp to be relatively straight for sliding behind a couch for storage
- Ramp to be relatively lightweight for easy movement
- About 400-500mm wide to accommodate vacuum
- Have flat entrance at end points so vacuum can easily enter / exit
- Be secure enough to not be pushed away as vacuum enters
- Not be too complex to construct...
Current thinking (probably bad):
- Single flat piece of thin MDF 500mm x 600mm x 10mm
- Two rails that run along the length and extend and taper to ground to provide some stability
First question here obviously, not sure if this is an appropriate question etc. Any assistance much appreciated.