Is marked General, Made in the USA No. 811 1/16 on one side, 1/8 on the other enter image description here

  • 1
    + 1 for wooden ruler on on a wood board displaying a tool with a wood handle on woodworking stack.
    – Alaska Man
    Mar 31, 2019 at 16:34
  • Looks like a Fiskars brand wooden ruler. Apr 2, 2019 at 13:46

1 Answer 1


I want to say an edge chamfer tool. For taking off the hard corner of a board. Like a chamfer bit for a router.

  • Definitely agree-- looks a lot like the veritas cornering tool Mar 30, 2019 at 23:53
  • Yup, that's what it is. For a tool that stayed in production for such a long time they apparently don't work that well!
    – Graphus
    Mar 31, 2019 at 15:54
  • Thank you all VERY much. It is indeed called a cornering tool. No mention whatsoever in any of the old General catalogs. I have two off them, and in all my years of collecting had never seen one. When I saw them yesterday in the flea market I thought they were bottle openers. Once more thanks for solving the mistery
    – touzonwood
    Mar 31, 2019 at 21:17
  • It would be appreciated if you select the answer as correct so it does not keep getting bumped by the community in the future and beyond.
    – Alaska Man
    Apr 1, 2019 at 21:05

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.