I remember a wooden pot-coaster: one side had lateral grooves milled and the other side had the same grooves, but in orthogonal direction. The grooves were deep enough that the grooves met in the middle, producing a matrix of rectangular through holes.

Does this pattern have a name?

  • 1
    I don't know that the milling operation itself has a name, but the pattern created might be (often?) called a lattice.
    – Graphus
    Jan 15 '19 at 12:10

Waffle is how I've commonly heard this pattern referred to.

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.