I am planning to build a motorized bed. I am still in the researching phase so I went to a bedroom shop in my city. In the shop I saw this hinge, or at least I believe it´s called a hinge. I have been researching it for 2 days now and I can't seem to figure out the name or type of hinge they used for this particular joint.

The only type of hinge I found similar was the Knife hinge, but that isn't quite what I am looking for.

enter image description here

  • Not an answer because I don't know for sure, but I think a key search term for you might be "flat pivot hinge". – jdv Nov 20 '18 at 18:42
  • FYI you don't need this exact hinge type. Many hinges are interchangeable with others since they do the same basic job. Anyway, I found some search terms that might help you find something that will work for you, "adjustable bed hinge" and "recliner hinge". – Graphus Nov 21 '18 at 14:00

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.