I am renovating an old chaise lounge. The drop down arm was braced and nailed in place. I would like to find a mechanism for inside the chaise that I could use to move the arm from almost upright to almost flat. The radius of the arm base and curve of the chaise base is 4" and they move in the same plane.chaise base and arm[![base and arm][![[1][1]][inside arm]]3

chaise base

  • Welcome to WW.SE! Unfortunately, product recommendations are off-topic – mmathis Aug 2 '18 at 13:11
  • @mmathis, this isn't that type of request. It's a call for a type of thing, which we've had here dozens of times before. – Graphus Aug 2 '18 at 13:42
  • Jean, from the marks on the wood it looks like it originally had a pivoting mechanism with the fulcrum a few inches from the curve (possibly the hole near the webbing in the 2nd photo) which may tell you how this was done originally, and I bet it was based on a ratchet mechanism. I don't know that there's anything currently available retail that does this, but only recently I saw a headrest on a sofa that must use something similar internally. – Graphus Aug 2 '18 at 13:50

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.