What is the silver thing attached to the rip fence on this table saw? enter image description here


You mean the piece of extruded aluinium?

It's just part of the rip fence. It can be used as-is to rip thin boards while giving good access from the right side to make feeding easier.

Or you can remove it, spin it 90 degrees clockwise and slot it back in to give you a bigger face with which to register thicker boards for ripping or wider boards for resawing. See that is has another T-track facing upwards in your photo.

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.