enter image description here

Friend got a little rough original doors would like to repair lost some slivers of wood, what do you think?


  • Welcome to WSE. For a painted surface I would simply use a wood filler to level the gaps. – Ashlar Feb 11 '18 at 23:57
  • 1
    Just FYI the "anyone know of a good place in Seattle" part of your question is considered "off-topic" on this site so I have removed it. – SaSSafraS1232 Feb 12 '18 at 21:54

It looks like this should be repairable. I would probably use a good 2-part epoxy (like West or Entropy) to repair it because it can fill any gaps caused by missing material. Also it does not require clamping pressure like normal wood glue does.

The most challenging part of this repair will probably be making sure that the panel does not bond to the epoxy used to repair the frame. The panel will need to "float" in the frame to accommodate seasonal wood movement. (Unless the panel is MDF/plywood, in which case it can be glued in place.)

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.