Just came across a plywood joint mechanism, which I found very interesting as new woodworker. Basically I don't know what it is called and can't find any in our local market. I am attaching the photos here:

  • Screw 1: This is the screw which goes inside the white bit

enter image description here

  • Screw 2: This screw is positioned perpendicular to Screw 1 through a hole.

enter image description here

  • Looks like this when Screw 1 is put inside

enter image description here

Now, could anybody tell me :-
1. What are the name of the screws.
2. What is the mechanism called.

  • At least over here in Europe, these are extremely common in mass-produced flat pack furniture. A lot of stuff from Ikea is constructed in this way. – Wilson Feb 11 '17 at 15:26

Your Answer

By clicking "Post Your Answer", you acknowledge that you have read our updated terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy, and that your continued use of the website is subject to these policies.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.