I have a slab bench I want to fit into a nook like this:
Of course, none of the walls are square, and each wall is built up as it approaches the corners.
Are there any good tricks to scribing a single slab to fit a space like this, given that I can't put it into place to directly scribe any of the walls without cutting it down to leave a gap when finished?
The best I've come up with is:
- Set a square line between the corners.
- Place scrap wood against the squared line, then scribe Left and Right walls onto the scraps.
- Trace the Left and Right scribes onto a piece of plywood wide enough to span the Back. Cut Left and Right ends of the plywood along scribed lines.
- Now place the plywood against Back wall, and scribe Back contour onto it.
- Trace the scribed lines from all three edges of this full-width scrap plywood onto the slab.