enter image description here This is called a Beam Drill in the USA, but I would like to know the terminology for this in British English. I'm trying to find one locally to me (on ebay) in the UK and failing completely...

So my question is what other names are these known by?

  • 1
    A quick Google search instantly brought up "beam boring machine" as another (common) reference to these.
    – Graphus
    Sep 23 '21 at 10:57
  • 1
    "beam auger" is also going to be used by many on both sides of the Atlantic.
    – jdv
    Sep 23 '21 at 12:03

These are also known by "beam boring machine" and "beam auger".

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.