Problem: I recently bought a used Metabo Bs 0633 bandsaw but cannot find any marketed t-track attachment for the t-tracks running parallel to the blade.

Question: What is the name or sizing category for a t-track slider for this bandsaw?

Context: I am looking for sliders or bolts or something like that to slide in the track for attachment of jigs and things like this: enter image description here

Photo of the bandsaw: enter image description here

Photo of bandsaw table showing the rip fence that slide in the miter slot perpendicular to the blade: enter image description here

Photo of the bandsaw boiler plate: enter image description here

Photo of the t-track lower part: ~19 mm (~3/4") enter image description here

Photo of the t-track upper part: ~12 mm (~1/2") enter image description here

Photo of the t-track cross section: ~7 mm total depth (~1/4") enter image description here

  • I'm not sure if there are categories for T-tracks and accessories beyond "fits my tool" and "doesn't fit my tool". However, it seems you've got all the critical measurements. Take your measuring tools to your nearest specialty store and measure up their stock of accessories to see if they'll fit. You may also want to measure the actual "T" on the fence to see how much smaller it is. If you get an accessory exactly 12mm wide, it may fit, but not slide.
    – FreeMan
    Commented Oct 9, 2020 at 16:34
  • @FreeMan, 'categories for T-tracks and accessories beyond "fits my tool" and "doesn't fit my tool".' ^_^
    – Graphus
    Commented Oct 9, 2020 at 19:04
  • Just to note, measuring with a rule is likely not going to be accurate enough here to find a perfect fit. You want to use a calipers to get all the relevant dimensions pretty much dead-on. However, if you did get channel that's slightly too wide you can alter it until it's a sliding fit without too much bother. Similarly, if you can only find something that's just a skosh too loose that can be addressed slightly too (using the same technique as for mitre channel that has worn loose over time through use).
    – Graphus
    Commented Oct 9, 2020 at 19:10
  • @FreeMan This is indeed what I tried, but found that some T-tracks are labeled "A", "B", "C" from a local store. [LINK] (baptist.nl/en/houtbewerkers/routing/accessories-for-routing/…) There are also some tracks available from Amazon/Aliexpress titled "Type 45" and "Type 19". e.g.: -"Type 45": With slide measure side that is similar in size to my needs: aliexpress.com/item/… -"Type 19": ae01.alicdn.com/kf/…
    – PhDeadlift
    Commented Oct 11, 2020 at 9:55
  • @Graphus Agreed on the calipers. I figured it may be a standardized size that is used on more tools. I was actually just thinking to take a carriage bolt and see if it fits well enough. Maybe I need to file down the edges or bottom for some flat sizes. I will let you know when I give it a shot.
    – PhDeadlift
    Commented Oct 11, 2020 at 10:00

1 Answer 1


This is not a type of T-track, but a solution I have found is to file off the top and square the edges of the top of a M8 carriage bolt. It fits well enough for clamping operations. It has more slop than you may need for proper sliding work. I may not have needed to file the edges down at all.

Filed M8: M8 Filed top and edges

Bolt fit into T Track: Bolt in T Track

Shown used as a clamp in an adjustable resaw fence: Clamping a fence

  • Excellent! Self-answers are appropriate and appreciated. Did you file down just the shoulders of the carriage bolt, or did you have to thin down the head, too?
    – FreeMan
    Commented Oct 13, 2020 at 11:38
  • 1
    Thanks! I did have to file down both head and shoulders. I made another and found it better to fully file down the head before the shoulders. That way the shoulder can be tightly dialed in.
    – PhDeadlift
    Commented Oct 14, 2020 at 15:31

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.