I was watching a YouTube video about DIY sofa upholstery. At 17:34 the guy pulls out some sort of long metal plate with screw-like protrusions on one side.

enter image description here

I would like to be able to order (or make) one of those. So what are those called?

  • That link will be dead in an internet minute, making this Q&A useless for future visitors. You should find a picture of what you are talking about, or even provide a quick drawing and maybe a clearer description. – jdv May 4 '20 at 14:37
  • @jdv I've added the picture. A bit blurry, but I guess it would suffice. – starleaf1 May 5 '20 at 0:56

What you seek is called an upholstery tack strip. The screw-like protrusions are barbs rather than screws and snag/catch the fabric to be stretched and secured.

A quick search using these terms return many results with varied prices and locations to purchase.

tack strip image

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.