I took two from an old table I bought retail. Need two more though. No idea where to get something like this.


  • This doesn't seem on topic for this site. Those are just braces, available almost anywhere if you search online. Or you can use cross-bracing made of of tensioned steel wire. But shopping questions are, generally, off-topic for Woodworking SE.
    – user5572
    Apr 22, 2020 at 18:52
  • 1
    Unlikely you will find one the exact length you need. Have one made by a fabrication shop or make one yourself, 1/2" Copper pipe, hammer down the ends, drill holes, paint black.
    – Alaska Man
    Apr 22, 2020 at 19:18
  • There are lots of Ikea style knock-off braces out there that are adjustable in size -- just two lengths that can be connected with two self-tapping screws along their lengths.
    – user5572
    Apr 22, 2020 at 20:25
  • @jdv Where can I find something like this? My google results are always for these L-looking braces. I just want a rod that I can screw into a table
    – Shane
    Apr 22, 2020 at 21:09
  • @Shane what you want to search on is either "crossbrace" or "turnbuckles".
    – user5572
    Apr 23, 2020 at 5:02


Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service and acknowledge you have read our privacy policy.

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.