I have a dining table made out of Acacia Wood. The process of preparation was:
- Mill the table flat
- Sand the table to 180 Grit
- Spray Nitrocellulose Lacquer
- Lightly sand back
- Spray 4 heavier coats of Nitrocellulose Lacquer
The table felt nice and smooth and was perfect.
However, whenever there are water spots, these are causing white blemishes along the grain, and are raised (you can feel a bump when you run your finger over it).
- What are these, are what's causing these?
- How can I avoid this in the future?
- How do I correct the existing blemishes?