I flopped a tabletop glueup. Clamped only from above, table saw was .5 degrees off. And the 32 pieces on each side create a "bowl" in the middle of about 1/4in. Ouch. What can I do , if anything, to straighten it out?

  • 4
    Can you post some photos of the tabletop? (Both showing the overall design and focusing on the defect - lay a straightedge across it.) How it is constructed can make a big difference in what your options are for fixing it. – SaSSafraS1232 Feb 19 at 23:52
  • Sand or plane it flat, your only options at this point unless you want to try to take it apart and correct every piece. Yeah I wouldn't either :-) BTW many tables that look like this are veneered, not made from solid wood, for some very good reasons. – Graphus Feb 20 at 6:27
  • Need pix, Andrea. Any chance of cutting the tabletop into strips and gluing back together square to get rid of or mitigate the "bowl" shape? – Greg Nickoloff Mar 1 at 23:52

Your Answer

By clicking “Post Your Answer”, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy

Browse other questions tagged or ask your own question.