The question is about specific producs or lines by brands. This is meant for hobbyist use - but if there just isn't anything in a roughly "hobbyist price range", then so be it.
I attempt to make this not "primarily opinion based" by defining what I find not acceptable accuracy.
I am speaking of try squares with a metric ruler, and a handle with greater thickness than the ruler, so you can hold it against a piece of wood's side while the ruler is going over the side, to have the ruler at a perfect right angle to the work piece's edge.
Any of such instruments I ever bought at Germany's ~ equivalents of a "Home Depot" is basically an unusable toy:
- Say it's ruler is 25cm long.
- The supposed right angle is off
- so that at its end, it will be several millimeters off on the perpendicular axis, and at its half maybe ~ 2 mm.
- The ruler is not perfectly positioned at the start at the handle, all the measurements will be ~ 1/2mm off (plus offset due to the bad right angle)
- And it's slightly different on the flip side - ruler markings on both sides are not perfectly aligned.
Are there products which are significantly better than that?